Steve Burman

Hey There Fellow Traders & Programmers

Hi All,

I love the Zen and the Art of Trading community and I especially love and am thankful for finding Matt and the Pine Script Basic and Mastery Course as it has made a huge difference to me. I started my career as a programmer in 1981 earning a whopping $8k a year starting salary then got into project management and eventually in 1996 running my own business providing stock market data to traders and investors for the next 11 years. So I know a reasonable amount about trading and programming but that seems like 20+ years ago and I lost the desire for programming when object oriented languages came on the scene.

This is a new era of my life as I'm now in transition of retirement from renovating houses which I've been doing these last few years (getting too old to be up ladders). I'm a young buck in an old skin and have reinvigorated my love of programming and trading which I thought I had lost. I also love keeping active and often go bushwalking (hiking) in the high country in Victoria, Australia. I love to travel and go on adventures, many of which have been iconic to me such as a 27 day trek from near the Indian border to Mt. Everest in 1991 following the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary during his conquering of Everest. On that journey I got married in Thyangoche Monastery by the head religious lama of Nepal in a traditional Buddhist tea ceremony. I've also trekked the Kokoda Track in Papua New Guinea with my son, cycled in a Tour de France Challenge following the main tour leaders up mountains like Mont Ventoux and Alpe de Huez and been on a 2 week dogsled adventure in Alaska to Mt. McKinley the highest mountain in North America.

Anyway, I have time up my sleeve so I'm likely to be helping answer your questions whilst working on the automation of my own trading scripts to fund my future adventures such as Antarctica in 2024.

Good fortune in your own trading journey and adventures!

Neha11
Pine Script Master
Pine Script Master

Re: Hey There Fellow Traders & Programmers

Wowww!!! Ur story is truly inspiring for me Steve!! Age is truly just numbers!! I was born in the year u visited My Everest!!! I would really love to connect and maybe learn anything little from u and ur life!! 🙂 I dream to be independent and free to travel the world with the spirit as high as yours!!😎
Neha :happy3:
India

Return to “Introductions”